Use Homebrew to install a software version manager. Then use the software version manager (or the installation utility that accompanies a software version manager) to install one or more versions of Ruby. Then use the software version manager to switch among multiple versions of Ruby.
How do I install a specific version of Ruby?
Get started with rbenv
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. To install a new Ruby version, use the rbenv install command: rbenv install VERSION. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
How do I install an older version of Ruby?
Use the secure installation method. Read the installation instructions — you probably want the single-user configuration. Use rvm list known to list available Rubies and then run rvm install x.x.x to install a specific version. Use rvm use x.x.x –default to change your default Ruby.
How do I downgrade Ruby Version on Mac?
Set Ruby version with rvm on Mac
0 on the command line. To switch to the system ruby, enter rvm use system . To switch back to the default, rvm default . The command rvm list will show all installed Rubies, including the current and default versions.
How do I update Ruby on my Mac?
Here is the process I followed:
- Check the version of Ruby installed on your Mac. Open terminal and type: …
- Install the Ruby Version Manager rvm. In terminal, curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable. …
- Install the latest version of Ruby. rvm install ruby-[version] …
- Set the latest version of Ruby as the one you want to use.
How do I know what version of Ruby I have Mac?
Don’t type the $ character – the $ character is just a cue that you should enter a shell command. The ruby -v command will show you the Ruby version number.
How do I install a specific version of a gem?
Use `gem install -v`
You may already be familiar with gem install , but if you add the -v flag, you can specify the version of the gem to install. Using -v you can specify an exact version or use version comparators.
How do I downgrade Ruby Version?
As others have mentioned, its hard to come up with exact solution, in general to downgrade or switch versions for a user:
- Install Ruby 1.8.7 (or locate it on your system if you have it already)
- Edit your .bash_profile or .bashrc file to update your $PATH so that the 1.8.7 executable is found first. …
How do I install an older version of Ruby in Termux?
- Install gawk, curl and tar packages: apt install curl gawk tar.
- Go to rvm.io site and just copy ‘Install RVM’ command, look’ like: …
- Add this line [[ -s “$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm” ]] && . “$ …
- Now your shell must writing a syntax PS problem, just open rvm script and edit it:
How do I uninstall Ruby on Mac?
Uninstall Ruby on Mac with rbenv
For rbenv, use rbenv versions to see which versions you have installed. Use the uninstall command to remove a version. This will remove any gems associated with the version as well. If you want to reinstall Ruby, see Install Ruby on Mac for recommendations of newer version managers.
How do I use multiple versions of Ruby?
Using rbenv To Manage Multiple Ruby Versions
- Install. Upgrade or install ruby-build: …
- Add Ons. The plugin rbenv-bundler makes it possible to not have to type bundle exec in front of every command. …
- Check Local Versions. …
- Check Installable Versions. …
- Install A Ruby. …
- Use The Ruby.
How do I downgrade Rails version?
How to downgrade my rails version?
- I opened command prompt.
- I typed gem uninstall rails.
- Some options came for rails version then I selected my current version and pressed entered.
- Then typed gem install rails -v 3.2. …
- I went to my Site directory and typed rails new blog.
Is Ruby already installed on Mac?
First of all, Ruby is already pre-installed on your Mac. However, the pre-installed version is a few versions behind so we’ll look into the other ways to install Ruby. … On a Mac, you can use Homebrew to install newer versions of Ruby. You can also use it to install a tool that will install Ruby.
How do I install gems on Mac?
- Update RubyGems. To update to its latest version with: gem update –system.
- Install gems. To install a gem (Ruby package), run: gem install <gemname> …
- List installed gems. gem list. …
- Update installed gems. To update all gems or a particular gem: gem update [<gemname>]
- Remove old gem versions.
How do I download and install Ruby?
Installing Ruby Using the RubyInstaller Tool
- Step 1: Download the RubyInstaller Tool. Use a web browser to navigate to the Download page (linked above). …
- Step 2: Run the Ruby Installer. Browse to the location of the RubyInstaller tool, and double-click. …
- Step 3: Verify the Ruby Installation.