You may already be familiar with gem install , but if you add the -v flag, you can specify the version of the gem to install. Using -v you can specify an exact version or use version comparators.
How do I install a specific version of a bundle?
How to update the bundler version in a Gemfile. lock
- Install the latest bundler version: gem install bundler Fetching bundler-2.1.2.gem Successfully installed bundler-2.1.2 1 gem installed.
- Update the bundler version in you Gemfile.lock : bundle _2.1.2_ update –bundler.
How do I change RubyGems version?
- Update RubyGems. To update to its latest version with: gem update –system.
- Install gems. To install a gem (Ruby package), run: gem install <gemname> …
- List installed gems. gem list. …
- Update installed gems. To update all gems or a particular gem: gem update [<gemname>]
- Remove old gem versions.
How do I install a specific version of Ruby?
Get started with rbenv
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. To install a new Ruby version, use the rbenv install command: rbenv install VERSION. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
What version of gem is installed?
Since your goal is to verify a gem is installed with the correct version, use gem list . You can limit to the specific gem by using gem list data_mapper . To verify that it’s installed and working, you’ll have to try to require the gem and then use it in your code.
How do I uninstall a specific version of a gem?
Removing a specific gem
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME.
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME –version 1.1.0.
- sudo gem cleanup GEMNAME.
- sudo gem cleanup.
How do I install bundles to install missing gems?
In the invoked popup, start typing bundler, select bundle install and press Enter . Select Tools | Bundler | Install from the main menu. Open the Gemfile, place the caret at any highlighted gem missing in the project SDK and press Alt+Enter . Select Install missing gems using ‘bundler’ and press Enter .
How do I downgrade Ruby Version?
As others have mentioned, its hard to come up with exact solution, in general to downgrade or switch versions for a user:
- Install Ruby 1.8.7 (or locate it on your system if you have it already)
- Edit your .bash_profile or .bashrc file to update your $PATH so that the 1.8.7 executable is found first. …
What is the latest version of GEM?
“We are rapidly moving towards GeM 4.0 which is the new version of GeM.
Where are gems installed?
By default, binaries installed by gem will be placed into: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7. 0/bin You may want to add this to your PATH.
What is Rbenv and RVM?
Both rbenv and RVM are Ruby version management tool. RVM is used to manage and install different versions of Ruby and gemsets on system where Rbenv is a lightweight Ruby version management tool. … Compared to RVM, rbenv does not manage gemsets nor install different Ruby versions.
How do I run a Gemfile?
run the command bundle install in your shell, once you have your Gemfile created. This command will look your Gemfile and install the relevant Gems on the indicated versions. The Gemfiles are installed because in your Gemfile you are pointing out the source where the gems can be downloaded from.
How do I install an old Ruby on Termux?
- Install gawk, curl and tar packages: apt install curl gawk tar.
- Go to rvm.io site and just copy ‘Install RVM’ command, look’ like: …
- Add this line [[ -s “$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm” ]] && . “$ …
- Now your shell must writing a syntax PS problem, just open rvm script and edit it:
How do I find Rails version?
6 Answers. Use the command: rake about . This command will output the following info plus more (hence the ellipsis: About your application’s environment Rails version 4.2.
Is gem install global?
will install your gem globally, i.e. it will be available to all user’s contexts.
What is gem install?
What does gem install do? gem install , in its simplest form, does something kind of like this. It grabs the gem and puts its files into a special directory on your system. You can see where gem install will install your gems if you run gem environment (look for the INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: line):