Control Panel > System > Environment Varables > remove any paths in the PATH environment variable that have installations of Ruby. Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall any Ruby Installer apps listed. Delete the Windows folders where installed.
How do I Uninstall Ruby on Rails?
Uninstall Ruby on Mac with rbenv
For rbenv, use rbenv versions to see which versions you have installed. Use the uninstall command to remove a version. This will remove any gems associated with the version as well. If you want to reinstall Ruby, see Install Ruby on Mac for recommendations of newer version managers.
How do you Uninstall Ruby?
Open the Apps & Features section in the Windows Settings dialog, select the RubyMine app and click Uninstall. Depending on your version of Windows, the procedure for uninstalling programs may be different. You can also manually run Uninstall.exe in the installation directory under /bin.
How do I Uninstall a specific version of Ruby?
Any gems that you install while using an RVM’s ruby version, is self contained in that version. However there may come a time when you no longer want to use a particular ruby version and want to delete it along with all it’s gems. Then this can be done using the “remove” command.
How do I downgrade Ruby from Windows?
To install another Ruby version, let’s follow these steps.
- Install rvm. …
- Install another Ruby version using RVM by running: rvm install 2.4.2. …
- You can now list the versions of Ruby that are installed by the command below: rvm list.
How do I uninstall old Ruby?
Removing Rubies. There are two ways to remove rubies from rvm: rvm remove # Removes the ruby, source files and optional gemsets / archives. rvm uninstall # Just removes the ruby – leaves everything else.
How do I completely remove Ruby on Rails from MAC?
If you want to uninstall Ruby on Rails it should be a simple matter of using gem uninstall rails or doing gem dependency rails and then gem uninstall for each of the listed gems that Rails depends on. If you installed them system-wide, using sudo originally, you’ll have to use sudo again to uninstall them.
How do I uninstall Ruby and RVM?
After above code, to remove full trace of the RVM, using below code. This will be remove RVM Gem. You can also use above code to remove/ uninstall ruby version manager – RVM.
uninstall ruby version manager – RVM
How do I uninstall bundler?
Installation and usage
To uninstall Bundler, run gem uninstall bundler . See bundler.io for the full documentation.
How do I downgrade Ruby Version?
As others have mentioned, its hard to come up with exact solution, in general to downgrade or switch versions for a user:
- Install Ruby 1.8.7 (or locate it on your system if you have it already)
- Edit your .bash_profile or .bashrc file to update your $PATH so that the 1.8.7 executable is found first. …
How do I uninstall Ruby and Rbenv?
To remove a Ruby version from rbenv, delete the corresponding directory in ~/. rbenv/versions . E.g. Run rbenv rehash afterwards to clean up any stale shimmed binaries from the removed version.
How do I uninstall NVM?
Essentially you’d need to reverse the steps in install.sh – remove any nvm lines from ~/. bash_profile (and/or ~/. profile ), rm -rf ~/. nvm , and either reopen your shell, or re-source your bash profile.
How do I change Ruby to Rbenv?
Get started with rbenv
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. To install a new Ruby version, use the rbenv install command: rbenv install VERSION. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
How do I check my ruby version?
“how to check ruby version” Code Answer’s
- // Command line:
- $ ruby -v.
- // Within irb type “RUBY_VERSION”
- # => “2.4.1”
- // If using RVM:
- $ rvm current.
How do I change Ruby in RVM?
Installing any version of Ruby you wish
- Run the following to get a list of available versions to install: [server]$ rvm list known. …
- Install the exact version of Ruby you require. …
- You can now tell your system to use this version by default: …
- Check the version of Ruby to confirm it’s been updated.
How do I install an older version of Ruby?
Use the secure installation method. Read the installation instructions — you probably want the single-user configuration. Use rvm list known to list available Rubies and then run rvm install x.x.x to install a specific version. Use rvm use x.x.x –default to change your default Ruby.