To uninstall Bundler, run gem uninstall bundler . See bundler.io for the full documentation.
How do I remove default gem bundler?
You have to delete the . gemspec file corresponding to the default gem you want to delete. So first, locate where those files are. Delete the one you don’t need.
How do I uninstall a gem?
Removing a specific gem
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME.
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME –version 1.1.0.
- sudo gem cleanup GEMNAME.
- sudo gem cleanup.
How do I remove a gem from my project?
You can remove the Devise gem from your Gemfile and then run bundle install . The gem should then be removed. To be safe, you can also run the following: gem uninstall gem_name from the command line.
How do I change the default gem bundler?
You need to remove . spec file to remove the gem.
- gem env – try to search in provided list under GEM PATHS, in specifications/default.
- remove there bundler-VERSION. gemspec.
- install bundler, if you don’t have specific: gem install bundler:VERSION –default.
How do I remove all gems installed?
In order to uninstall all gems, you have to loop through all entries in gem list with bash scripting. This method is very inconvenient. Thanks to Rubygems 2.1. 0, you now could do it with one command.
How do I change my bundler version?
Bundler will never change your application to a new major version until you choose to do so. If your application is ready, you can upgrade that application to the latest installed version of Bundler by running bundle update –bundler . We recommend committing your Gemfile. lock before you upgrade.
Where does bundler install gems?
The location to install the gems in the bundle to. This defaults to Rubygems’ gem home, which is also the default location where gem install installs gems. This means that, by default, gems installed without a –path setting will show up in gem list .
Where are local gems installed?
By default, binaries installed by gem will be placed into: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7. 0/bin You may want to add this to your PATH.
How do you remove socket gems in Diablo 2?
However, you can remove a gem from a socketed item using the Horadric Cube. You’ll find the Cube in the Hall of the Dead during Act II of the game. All you have to do is place the item you want to clear of gems, a Town Portal scroll, and then a Hel run into the Cube, and you’ll strip the item of its gems.
How do you update a bundler gem?
How to update the bundler version in a Gemfile. lock
- Install the latest bundler version: gem install bundler Fetching bundler-2.1.2.gem Successfully installed bundler-2.1.2 1 gem installed.
- Update the bundler version in you Gemfile.lock : bundle _2.1.2_ update –bundler.
Is it safe to delete Gemfile lock?
You’re probably not going to ruin your dev environment. However, you might end up with newer versions of gems than you had before. It depends on how you have defined them in Gemfile . Then you’ll get the latest rails gem, whatever that might be.
What does gem cleanup do?
Description. The cleanup command removes old versions of gems from GEM_HOME that are not required to meet a dependency. If a gem is installed elsewhere in GEM_PATH the cleanup command won’t delete it. If no gems are named all gems in GEM_HOME are cleaned.
How do you update gems?
- Update RubyGems. To update to its latest version with: gem update –system.
- Install gems. To install a gem (Ruby package), run: gem install <gemname> …
- List installed gems. gem list. …
- Update installed gems. To update all gems or a particular gem: gem update [<gemname>]
- Remove old gem versions.
What is Rbenv rehash?
Installs shims for all Ruby executables known to rbenv (i.e., ~/. rbenv/versions/*/bin/* ). Run this command after you install a new version of Ruby, or install a gem that provides commands. $ rbenv rehash.