Use ruby -v in command prompt. if it shows the version installed on the system. then it means Ruby is installed on your system.
How do I know if ruby is installed?
To check if Ruby installed correctly, open the Run dialog box ( Windows Key + R ) and type powershell . In the PowerShell window type in the command ruby -v . If everything went well you should see a message like ruby 1.9.
How can I tell if ruby is installed in Linux?
Run the command which ruby. If you see a path such as /usr/bin/ruby, Ruby is installed. If you don’t see any response or get an error message, Ruby is not installed. To verify that you have a current version of Ruby, run the command ruby -v.
How do I find my ruby path?
So, we can easily find the ruby path using :-
- When we run then we will get like :-
- Command: /home/rohit/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.10/wrappers/ruby.
- Version: ruby 2.1.10p492 (2016-04-01 revision 54464) [x86_64-linux]
- To use in Apache: PassengerRuby /home/rohit/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.10/wrappers/ruby.
How do I run ruby on Windows?
Downloading and Installing Ruby
- All the versions of Ruby for Windows can be downloaded from rubyinstaller.org. Download the latest version and follow the further instructions for its Installation.
- Using command-line, run the irb command. After this we can write the ruby code and it will run on command line.
How do I check Ruby version?
For more information on rbenv, check the official GitHub repository.
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
How do I know if gem is installed?
Since your goal is to verify a gem is installed with the correct version, use gem list . You can limit to the specific gem by using gem list data_mapper . To verify that it’s installed and working, you’ll have to try to require the gem and then use it in your code.
How do I know if Ruby is installed on my Mac?
MacOS comes with a “system Ruby” pre-installed. If you see /usr/bin/ruby when you use the which command, it is the pre-installed macOS system Ruby.
What is Ruby version file?
Many Ruby (or Rails) projects will include a simple .ruby-version file, which simply specifies a version number, for example: 2.4.2. Popular tools to help you manage your Ruby version are: Ruby Version Manager (RVM) rbenv.
How do I open a Ruby file?
Open up IRB (which stands for Interactive Ruby).
- If you’re using macOS open up Terminal and type irb , then hit enter.
- If you’re using Linux, open up a shell and type irb and hit enter.
- If you’re using Windows, open Interactive Ruby from the Ruby section of your Start Menu.
How can I tell which version of Ruby is installed?
Check via the ruby –version command in terminal. Then let’s list all the Ruby packages available to install. This will display all the known Ruby versions.
Where is Ruby installed in MacOS?
MacOS comes with a “system Ruby” pre-installed. If you see /usr/bin/ruby , it is the pre-installed macOS system Ruby.
How do I open a Ruby file in Terminal?
It’s easy — just create a file with the extension . rb , navigate to that file’s directory from the command line, and run it using $ ruby filename. rb (the dollar sign is just the command prompt). You’ll be able to gets from and puts to the command line now!
Where are Ruby Gems installed Windows?
When you use the –user-install option, RubyGems will install the gems to a directory inside your home directory, something like ~/. gem/ruby/1.9. 1 . The commands provided by the gems you installed will end up in ~/.
How do I open Ruby in CMD?
Opening the Command Prompt
- To start a command prompt on Windows, go to Start -> Run. …
- To start a command prompt on Ubuntu Linux, go to Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal.
- To start a command prompt on OS X, go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.
How do I install Ruby on my PC?
How to Install and Run Ruby on Windows
- Go to Ruby Installer in your web browser.
- Click the big red Download button. A list of RubyInstallers appears.
- Click Ruby 2.2. …
- Run the installer program by choosing Run Program (if Windows presents this option) or double-clicking the file when it’s done downloading.