What does this symbol represent in a flowchart?
Also known as an “Action Symbol,” this shape represents a process, action, or function. It’s the most widely-used symbol in flowcharting. Also known as the “Terminator Symbol,” this symbol represents the start points, end points, and potential outcomes of a path. Often contains “Start” or “End” within the shape.
What is represented by a diamond symbol in a flowchart quizlet?
The rectangle represents something to be done or an action to be taken. The diamond shape denotes a question or a branch in the flowchart sequence.
What are the five symbols of flowchart?
5 Basic Flowchart Symbols
- The Oval or Pill Shape – represents the start/end.
- The Rectangle Shape – represents a process.
- The Parallelogram Shape – represents the input/output of the information.
- The Diamond Shape – represents a decision.
- The Arrow Shape – represents the flow of the sequence.
What are the four symbols of flowchart?
4 Basic Flowchart Symbols for Creating a Flowchart
- The Oval. An End or Beginning While Creating a Flowchart. The oval, or terminator, is used to represent the start and end of a process. …
- The Rectangle. A Step in the Flowcharting Process. …
- The Arrow. Indicate Directional Flow. …
- The Diamond. Indicate a Decision.
What does a circle represent in a flowchart?
In Process Mapping the circle represents an Inspection. At an inspection, the quality of the product is evaluated. The flow continues only if the product is approved. For most flowcharting you need only use the basic flowchart shapes listed above.
What is the decision symbol in a flowchart?
A diamond represents a decision or branching point. Lines coming out from the diamond indicates different possible situations, leading to different sub-processes.
What does the term EOF represents?
In computing, end-of-file (EOF) is a condition in a computer operating system where no more data can be read from a data source.
Which symbol represents the end or stopping point of a process in a flowchart quizlet?
Terminator – This shape depicts the start or stop point in a process.
What does a square or rectangle symbol indicate in a flowchart?
The Process (typically a Rectangle) shape shows a process, task, action, or operation. This shape represents something to be done or an action to be taken. Note that the text within the Process shape almost always includes a verb.