To keep everything accessible, build your solution by stacking modular organizers with drawers on the bottom. Look for jewelry organizers with trays and inserts to hold rings and divided compartments to keep earrings and broaches separated. Put jewelry you tend to wear more often in the top layer.
How do you keep necklaces from tangling when storing?
To keep them tidy, place each necklace in its own individual sealed bag and zip it up with the clasp hanging out. For added protection, wrap your necklace around a jewelry roll or a rolled-up piece of cloth first to keep it from moving around.
What goes where in a jewelry box?
Go through each of the remaining items in your collection and sort them into the following piles: necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, pins and brooches.
How do you store jewelry at home?
Fine jewelry should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, and ideally somewhere with low humidity to avoid tarnishing silver. Multi-level jewelry boxes with drawers and dividers are good for storing expensive jewelry and protecting it from dust.
How do you store necklaces in a jewelry box?
Wrap your necklaces in tissue paper to keep them from getting tangled. Tissue paper is a great way to keep your necklaces separated, especially if you have a few delicate chains that you don’t wear often. Fold each necklace 1-2 times in the paper, then lay the tissue paper in your jewelry box.
How do you store jewelry for moving?
Packing jewelry step-by-step
- Use a jewelry roll for valuable pieces. …
- Organize small items with a pill case. …
- Thread necklaces through a straw or cardboard roll. …
- Keep items secure and separate with re-sealable kitchen wrap. …
- Hook earrings through buttons or foam. …
- Wrap pieces individually in packing paper or zip-top bags.
How do you store necklaces in a drawer?
Separate necklaces with plastic straws for a cheap organizer.
- Lay the necklaces out flat in the drawer. Line the bottom of the drawer with a piece of velvet to keep the necklaces from sliding around.
- Fasten the ends shut so the strands aren’t loose.